Path of Prayer Kumano Kodo Walk
The Kanji word for 2011 is
絆 (kizuna, or emotional ties).
We have stronger bonds with everyone since the Great Eastern Japan Earthquake and tsunami suffered earlier this year.
In 2012, we will wish for a speedy recovery and to have deeper bonds with others.
The Kumano Kodo has a long history of about more than 1,000 years.
Let’s start the new year off right by walking from Hosshinmon-oji.
This bilingual event will give you a chance to start learning English and Japanese. Come and enjoy the Kumano Kodo walk.
Download featured event fliers → Path of Prayer Walk (PDF)
- Course: From Hosshinmon-oji to Kumano Hongu Grand Shrine
- Date: January 15th(Sun)
- Time/ Place to meet : 11:15am Kumano Hongu World heritage center parking area
- Participants : High school-age or older.
- Cost : 1,000 yen (includes insurance) per person.
Transportation fee of 450 yen is required separately for the 11:22 bus from Kumano Hongu Grand Shrine.
- Contact: email@example.com (0739-33-7451)
- Bring a lunch, walking shoes, rain gear.
Please make sure to contact us 5 days before the event by Jan.10th