Path of Prayer Kumano Kodo Walk
Thank you for joining us for the last “Path of Prayer Walk” event.
We were really happy to finally have our first event since the Typhoon No. 12 hit.
It was a beautiful day for walking and doing volunteer work.
Now, we have our next event coming up walking around Shingu City seeing some traditional shops and walking on the Kumano Kodo with an ocean view.
On the return to Shingu, we will take the train from Miwasaki Station to Shingu which re-opens December 3, 2011. The JR line at the location had been closed since the September typhoons hit it.
We will be, once again, offering a prayer walk on the Kumano Kodo invoking a speedy recovery of Eastern Japan from the Great Earthquake and Tsunami suffered earlier this year and for all of Japan.
- Course: Shingu and Koya-zaka.
- Date: December 11th(Sun)
- Time/ Place to meet : 10:00am JR Shingu Station
- Participants : High- school age or older.
- Cost : 1,000 yen (includes insurance) per person. Transportation fee of 180 yen is required separately for the 13:45 train from Miwasaki arriving Shingu 13:51.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (0739-33-7451)
- Bring a lunch, walking shoes, rain gear